Episode 28 – October 1, 2010
- 12-year-old published writer, poet, literacy advocate, teacher, speaker and activist.
- Has shared knowledge of education in conferences, classrooms and other public events.
- Travels advocating for literacy, integration of technology in education, welfare of children, and girl’s rights.
- Goals of encouraging public education reform for prevention of social and economic inequality in addition to providing technology and internet access to undeveloped countries.
Watch and Learn – Charlie Brown Homework Approaches
- Uses famous cartoon characters to show different approaches children have to homework
- Demonstrates the different skills used in finishing assignments
- Shows the different types of learners and how they approach the same goal.
E-Freebies – 5 Safety Sites for Students
- Stop Bullying Now!
- The Carnegie Cyber Academy
- Welcome to the Web
- Safety Web
Article – Special Needs Programs in Hawaii
- Program to offer Special Ed classes to students who cannot attend traditional schools
- Goals to strengthen and improve student interest and parent participation and commitment
- Virtual and on-site programs will be offered to low income neighborhoods on nights and weekends, as well as in person.
So, What Do You Know?