Episode 25 – September 3, 2010
Feature of the Week – Online Attendance for State’s First Virtual School
- Masssachusetts’ first virtual school opens up
- Provides online classes, assignments
- Flexible schedule, learning coach
- Same requirements as traditional school systems
- Shakira and World Bank Group form initiative for early childhood development
- $300 million initiative with goals of expanding developmental programs for young children in both Latin America and the Caribbean.
- Programs for early childhood include adequate nutrition, healthcare and stimulating environments for children from the time they are born until the time they are six years old.
- Public Media’s Impact on Young Readers
- WiFi to Go
- Open Culture
- Free Translator
- Quick Graph
- Formulus Free – Formulas for Calculus
So, What Do You Know?