Episode 23 – August 20, 2010
- 80 foot mural on NYC public school wall
- Promoting unity and the idea of “one world”
- Combines famous painters, graffiti artists, creative companies, etc.
- Inspire students and locals in communities to use differences to make the world a better place
Watch and Learn – “You Can’t Be My Teacher”
- Students who are advanced in technology must be taught by teachers who are, too
- Opposing viewpoints that books and traditional materials are still important and that technology is more important than anything.
- Teachers must be up-to-date with technology but a good balance and combination of traditional material is important, too.
- Free Sites
- Scholastic Teaching Resources and Student Activities
- NCTM Illuminations
- HotChalk’s™ Lesson Plans Page
- SqoolTech’s SqoolTools
- A to Z Teacher Stuff
- Pete’s Powerpoint Station
- Sites Worth Paying For
- EdHelper (Price: Basic $19.99/year, Everything $39.98/year)
- Lesson Planet (Price: Standard $39.95/year, School or District $29.95/year per teacher)
E-Freebies – Grant Opportunities
- Toshiba America Foundation
- Digital Wish
- The Wells Fargo Foundation
So, What Do You Know?
e-Learning Today TV – View in iTunes