Episode 61 – 5.27.2011
School of the Future
- Salman Khan, who produces videos that allow not only children, but learners of all ages, to watch and learn new concepts from videos, has his own take on the schools of the future and what he hopes they consist of.
- Khan envisions the school of the future, where mastery and empathy are the core values, and the curriculum is driven by self-paced learning.
- Khan imagines a classroom for children just like his own, where the classrooms consist of children all of the same age, along with kids of all different ages, just like the idea of the “one room schoolhouse”.
Summer Activities for Students
- Beach, historical vacation, and camps are some places to visit this summer an include a little “learning” while still on vacation
- The blog post includes several websites for information on outdoor activities for all budgets
Fun and Educational iPad Apps for Kids
- The Little Red Riding Hood
- 123 Kids Fun Game
- Handmade Mother Goose
- Small steps in implementing Social Media at your school can lead to making a difference for students
- This article outlines some of the changes Mr. Eric Sheninger, the principal at New Mildford High School started with at his own school
e-Learning Today TV – View in iTunes