Episode 21 – August 6, 2010
- Nationally recognized after-school tutoring program
- Started with concerns of growing gang activity and low educational level of local children
- On average, increased their writing abilities by 2.1 grade levels and 2.9 grade levels in math.
- Inspirational video for both teachers and students
- Shows famous success stories
- Message that if you believe in yourself, you can achieve your goals
- Interview authors, astronauts and other amazing individuals from around the world.
- Collaborate with classrooms, businesses and more in multi-disciplinary projects.
- Explore a volcano, rainforest, or history museum in virtual fieldtrips with experts in the field or even share your field trip experiences with others.
- Practice conversational foreign languages with native speakers.
- Provide additional support for students needing extra attention or unable to come to class.
- Invite a guest lecturer from leading educators and experts from anywhere in the world.
- Explore foreign cultures first hand with classroom to classroom video conferencing.
- Broadcast a performance or project to parents and families unable to make it to school.
- Access and share professional development opportunities with educators on the go.
- Collaborate with innovative educators to plan units, lessons, and more.
- To get the most out of Skype, consider utilizing other web tools such as Twiddla, Google Docs, Flickr, Blogs, and Twitter. Connect with Others Using Skype in online skype communities, global skype projects, and educational directories. Check out the blog for links.
- Alien Scavenger Hunt
- Spin and Spell
So, What Do You Know?
e-Learning Today TV – View in iTunes