Episode 24 – August 30, 2010
- Chefs working with schools in “Chefs Move to Schools” program
- Bringing organic and freshly grown fruits and vegetables
- Using student opinion and tastes to incorporate into menu
- Offering cooking classes and other healthy ideas for students to learn
Watch and Learn – Thresholds Theatre
- Center offers program for students with special needs
- Starts with brainstorming, games, creative exercises
- Students generate ideas for a production, and then perform for the community, showing their personal struggles and experiences.
Teach This – Multiple Intelligences in the Classroom
- Your ICan is more important than your IQ
- Different theories of multiple intelligences
- Find strengths in each student
- Apply the 8 ways of knowing in your own classroom
E-Freebies – 4 Media Creating Sites
- Toshiba America Foundation
- Digital Wish
- The Wells Fargo Foundation
So, What Do You Know?
- The fastest time for twisting a balloon into a dog shape is 6.5 seconds.
- There are 10 body parts that are three letters long.