Episode 33 Fri, Nov. 5, 2010
Feature of the Week – iCan with the iPad
- Video: Becoming Han Solo, the story of Owen who was diagnosed with Spinal Muscular Atrophy, Type 1 and with the aid of the iPad he is able to continue learning.
Watch and Learn – “There’s an App For That!” Sesame Street Video
- Sesame Street video that parodies the Apple commercials
- Uses a fictional product, iPogo, to show capabilities
- Teaches rhyming scheme through the song
- Combines popular culture, technology and other popular features
- FoolProof Teacher is a website with tools for educators and students
- The founder of the website lectures schools on tips for students to learn how to become money savvy
E-Freebies – 6 FREE iPad / iPhone Apps for Students
- Dictionary.com / Thesaurus.com
- Miss Spell’s Class
- Arithme Tick
- Read Me Stories
So, What Do You Know?