Episode 20 – August 2, 2010
Feature of the Week – Creative Expressions – ART for Special Needs Students
- Allows for students with disabilities or handicaps to express themselves in an artistic way.
- Vary in roles: tracker, drawer, the student who lets the drawer know what should be drawn.
- Several methods for allowing disabled students to create their own artwork in a new way.
- Technology takes too much time!
- Saves time when used properly.
- Social media in schools is dangerous!
- Blocking social media in schools is dangerous. Leaves kids ill equipped.
- Social media is for entertainment only!
- Show how influencers can use social media tools to explode their own learning.
- Social media increases off-task behavior!
- Potential to increases collaboration, effort, creativity, and productivity.
- You don’t need to learn about social media in schools!
- Students are in constant state of information curation and they cannot do it alone.
- Comparing original video games to today’s
- Funny opinions from kids
- Compare changes in technology and graphics
- Same understanding that kids love video games
E-Freebies – 4 Sites for Online Stories
- Speakaboos, Literactive, Between the Lions and StoryPlace
- Boolify- teach and use boolean operators with ease
- 5 Innovative Search Engines that Think Differently
- Mashpedia, Wolfram Alpha, Paper.li, Twurdy, Google Squared, Yolink Education
So, What Do You Know?
- You can play “snake” while you wait for the newer Youtube videos to load. Just press any of the arrow buttons and a game of snake will begin. You can even consider playing as the video plays.
- When you Swallow gum it doesn’t take 7 years to digest.
e-Learning Today TV – View in iTunes