Episode 52 – 3.25.2011
- Episode Length: 7 minutes, 38 seconds
- Previous episode – Cool iPhone and iPad Math Apps
Word Girl Definition Competition
- Word Girl Definition Competition, hosted Word Girl on April 27, 2011; live vocabulary event that is free to participate.
- You will receive a webcast event kit, which will allow you to participate in the definition competition, and be entered for a chance to win books and Word Girl prizes.
- The 30 minute live webcast has three rounds, along with a bonus round. It is in a game-show format, where students will work with vocabulary skills to answer questions.
- This is a fun and unique activity that both parents and teachers can have their students participate in and keep reading throughout the year.
The Hybrid Schools
- Hybrid schools combine online instruction with face-to-face time with teachers.
- Challenges are being addressed using this model where each student is able to find the way they learn best and teachers are able to fill out the gaps.
- School One in New York, is already showing great success and inspiring stories.
- Rhyme Rodeo
- Magnetic Fridge Poetry
- Haiku Builder
- Poetry Splatter
iPad Donations for Teach for America
- Apple and Teach for America are getting together accepting donations of original versions of iPad to donate to educators and students.
- To donate, simply go to an apple store or visit this link http://www.apple.com/retail/
- Spread the word!