As discussed in SchoolRack – Keeping Parents Informed and Involved, maintaining consistent communication with teachers and parents can be a challenge for educators and a struggle for parents. Engrade is another excellent and free online resource to make this goal more achievable.
The Online Classroom Community
Engrade is a completely free, private, secure, and easy to use set of online tools that allow educators to manage their classes online while providing real-time web-based class information to parents and students 24/7. Engrade is currently being used by over 8000 schools and 150,000 teachers.
As an elementary teacher, I found it most useful for my students and parents to link to my Engrade page from my Schoolrack page. As you can see here, I listed step-by-step instructions for parents and students directly on my Schoolrack website.
Engrade offers free, safe, and secure tools for teachers, administrators, students and parents.
- Gradebooks customizable to your exact grading system
- Classroom calendars for files, homework, and events
- Printable Progress Reports, available anytime, anywhere
- Online attendance books
- Secure online messaging
Additional Administrator Tools
- A web-based messaging system to connect with teachers
- Access to grades, attendance and citizenship for any students in any class
Parent and Student Tools
- Online access to upcoming homework, assignments, scores, grades, and attendance
- Secure, private messaging
Free Educational Resources by SmartTutor.com