Interactive whiteboards are effective learning tools for instruction. Here are some tips to help you make the most of your interactive whiteboard:
- Place a carpeted step in front of the whiteboard so smaller children can comfortably reach high up on the board. The top step should be wide enough to stand on.
- Use an IWB pen to drag items on the screen without selecting them first (as with the mouse).
- Install Google Earth and use the pointer to zoom in on a particular place on the globe relevant to the lesson you are teaching.
- Reduce your in-lesson preparation time by preparing and saving activity files.
- Velcro the remote control, eraser and pens to the whiteboard.
- Have your children use a soft mallet on the whiteboard instead of their fingers.
- Recalibrate your whiteboard before each lesson.
- Save your lessons so they can be presented to children who were absent or as a review.
Photo by blogefl
Free Educational Resources by SmartTutor.com