Episode 37 – Thurs., Dec. 2, 2010
Feature of the Week – Poker in School Teach Math
- A teacher at George Mason High School is using a very interesting way to teach math. Poker!
- The school sponsored a poker club earlier this year and it’s a great success.
- Birke Baeher talks about his ideas to green and localize food production
- He has been “roadschooled” since age 9, traveling with his family, while studying sustainable and organic farming practices
- Explains how marketers try to persuade both children and adults to buy their products that are unhealthy
- Great example of someone who knows exactly what they want in life and is going after his goals.
New in the News – Letter to Obama, Mrs. Obama!
E-Freebies – 6 Animal Inspired Educational Apps
- iLiveMath Oceans
- Fish School
- Charles Peattie’s Animal Alphabet
- Jungle Coins
- Old McDonald HD
- Peekaboo Barn
So, What Do You Know?