Aside from the engagement factor, there are many benefits to meaningfully incorporating web-based instructional activities like those listed in 3 Types of Web-Based Instructional Activities (w/examples).
5 Reasons to Integrate the Internet into Learning:
- It supports student research and information literacy skills.
- It provides an audience and thus motivation for writing.
- Children can visually see and learn things from outside the scope of their classroom and community.
- Children develop and enhance collaboration skills similar to those they will use in college and the workforce.
- It prepares children for our global society by providing multicultural experiences and interactions.
Do you integrate the Internet in your learning environment? What has been most successful, most challenging? Please share!
Photo from Dream Blueprints
Free Educational Resources by SmartTutor.com